The full-functionality RateYourBurn.com website is still a few months away, but to whet your appetite, voila le RateYourBurn blog. We’re digging around to find the best instructors, gyms and studios - and creating a sounding board for their awesomeness.
What is the RateYourBurn.com blog?
- Our RateYourBurn Bloggers are working overtime to rate an absurd number of classes in NYC and Boston - with a focus on instruction. We started collecting these reviews in early 2011... so there's a whole lotta love coming your way.
- If you are an instructor, gym, or studio and you’d like us to attend one of your classes, send us a note and we’ll put you on our “to do” list. We will not, however, promise you a glowing review, or tell you if/when we’re coming. You can’t buy our love, baby.
- If you are an instructor, gym, or studio and you would like to offer us something cool to give to our readers, “das ist fantastisch” as the Germans would say. Contact us.
- The opinions expressed here are the opinions of our bloggers, not the opinions of RateYourBurn.com. No, we’re not going to get into the legal jargon here (you can go to our massive disclaimer section for that) but it’s important for you to know that just because one of our bloggers doesn’t like your class, it doesn’t mean RateYourBurn hates you. Hence the “comments” section. If you were reviewed and you don’t like it, comment. Tell all of your crazy fans to comment. Start a conversation.
What is RateYourBurn.com?
- Our mission at RateYourBurn is to find and promote quality fitness instruction through communal rating.
- RateYourBurn.com is bringing gyms, trainers, instructors and clients together on a single intuitive platform. Users will be empowered to review their fitness experiences, rewarding excellent instruction with positive feedback and providing constructive criticism to the not-so-excellent. The average class rating will be rolled up under each gym/studio to an average instruction score, rewarding gyms who employ awesome teachers.
What was the inspiration for RateYourBurn?
- We love fitness classes and wanted an easy way to find the best instructors in our area. Yeah, the fancy towels, high-end shampoo and brand new yes-no machine in the gym are great, but what stops us from hitting the snooze button at 6AM is that impossibly perky person with the headset waiting at the front of the classroom.
- Our pet peeve is when bloggers attend a single class at a gym or studio and then generalize about all of the classes offered there. Have you ever showed up at your favorite class and had a horrible substitute teacher? We feel strongly that all reviews should be attributed to a person, not a method. If the method is awesome and the teachers are well trained, the rolled-up reviews are going to make your method look pretty darn good!
Peace, love, and tickets to the gun show. <3
Follow us on twitter (@rateyourburn)
Like us on facebook (RateYourBurn.com)