Where: SoulCycle, 12 East 18th Street, New York, NY
Clare Clare Bo Bear Banana Fanna Fo Fare
This girl is a character. She wore a sweater for the whole class, which freaked me out, but she had amazing goofy funk energy. Thoroughly enjoyed. Too bad she moved to Cali!
[Click here to review Clare's class yourself, or check out her RateYourBurn profile here.]
- First of all, we must address the sweater. WHAT?! I am sweating balls just looking at you! Are you crazy?!
- Funky style - in addition to the sweater she had a pink (maybe purple?) streak in her hair.
- 104% energy. At one point, she screamed, “ladies, are you ready to go home? NO! NO YOU’RE NOT!!!” Loved it.
On the class
- I could tell she was in the “Danny Kopel school of instructors”. Who knows who came up with what, but I know these two are tight buddies, and their teaching styles have many similarities. Like closing her eyes and rocking her head side to side when she was really into the music. Love that move.
- This was my second class in a row, and she totally reenergized me.
- We fogged up the mirrors, which was cool. The energy was so goofy and great – I was kind of hoping she would pull a Patricia Moreno and write on the fog with her finger.
- Not a ton of acrobatics, which was appreciated since those sometimes hurt my lumbar. When we were doing the bike pushups, she actually came around and corrected our bike pushup form, which I liked.
Amazing – could tell she took care to put her soundtrack together. Notably:
Super. Great energy, goony vibes.
From the Soul Cycle website: Clare brings us her youthful SOUL!! In 2007 after graduating from the prestigious Hotchkiss School in Connecticut and at just 18 years old, Clare headed to New York City to pursue a career in acting and singing. That fall, she joined the friendly front desk staff at SoulCycle®, and by the end of December 2008 Clare became a spin instructor. Clare fell in love with indoor cycling when she realized it was the perfect antidote to stress, and with a healthy diet lost weight changed her body type. When not on a bike at the studio, Clare is busy studying both acting and voice, running in Central Park, learning how to cook and texting boys! Clare resides in New York City.
Find out more about Soul Cycle at www.soul-cycle.com
Find Clare on facebook
Follow Clare on twitter
Read more about Soul Cycle blog