Where: New York, NY
Have you ever wondered if the reason you're so obsessed with your favorite instructor is because he/she cast a spell on you? Here's our list of NYC instructors who are potentially missing a slipper. Try one out... if you're okay with being "enchanted", that is.
Kym Perfetto of SoulCycle: Ariel from The Little Mermaid
- She just wants to be “Part of that World”.
- “That world” = California.
- The New York cycling community = the angry and concerned underwater creatures. (The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake.)
- Kym does what she wants, is kind of a rebel, and will be sorely missed by all of us seahorses.
Whitney Wilson of YoYoga and YogaWorks: Belle from Beauty and the Beast
- Besides having perfect princess hair and glowing skin, Whitney is totally the kind who would “see past skin deep”. I’m also 83% sure this girl has a cabinet full of friendly talking kitchenware at home. Just a hunch.
Kristin McGee of Clay Health Club & Spa, Equinox, and Katonah Yoga NYC: Cinderella, from Cinderella
- I don’t have a good reason for Kristin to be Cinderella except that I think a great Halloween costume for her would be “Cinderella Barbie princess”. I mean, have you seen her?
Emily Cook of Refine Method: Glinda from Wicked
- Okay, so Glinda is not a Disney princess. In fact, she’s a witch. But she LOOKS like a princess. Emily not only looks the part, she talks the part. And I put up with her excrutiating class all so I can be “Popular”.
Natalie Uhling of Barry's Bootcamp and SLT: Sleeping beauty, from Sleeping Beauty
- Because she’d be like, F U bitches, I’m not taking part in this stupid plot. I’m taking a nap. Wake me up when it’s over.
Lauren Engleman, Physique 57: Snow White, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- What’s that you say? Snow White didn’t have curly hair? Hello, have you watched Disney movies? All the Princesses were required to use a ceramic flatiron, obvi. Kind of like how it’s a prerequisite to be adorable and soprano to work at Lululemon. ANYWAY. If anyone can talk to/understand baby animals, it’s Miss Engleman. How do I know this? Because in Lauren’s class, I transform into a newborn wobbly-legged fawn – and she comes over to protect me and encourage me until I learn. As an aside, I recently re-read my review of Lauren, and it is grade-A creepy. Sorry about that, everyone.
Danny Kopel, SoulCycle: Mulan, from Mulan
A beautiful princess with androgynous tendencies. Other similarities:
- Known for high-kicks
- Loves knives and long cloaks
- Recently upgraded his look with a drastic haircut
- As the emperor of China would say, "You don't meet a [girl] like that every dynasty."
These beautiful princesses also all happen to be fab instructors, so do yourself a favor and try them out.