First of all, THANK YOU. We seriously have the coolest, most passionate readers in all the land. We never thought our blog would get this much love – and it’s all because of you. If you were our significant other, we would give you a foot massage.
RateYourBurn.com is going social.
Next week, we’re launching something much bigger (and much more useful) than our current blog. Yeah, our bloggers are super cool and all, but their opinion isn’t always your opinion (“it’s one opinion, not the only opinion, or the correct opinion” – heard that before?)
All users will now be able to review their instructors – and we’ll be averaging all of those reviews – so that fitness nuts everywhere can look at a gym’s class schedule and figure out what they’re getting into before they commit.
So. Why would I spend time reviewing classes?
Well, we love this stuff, so we may be biased... but even if writing fitness reviews isn't your life long passion, here's why you might participate:
- To show your favorite instructors love. We designed this platform to celebrate talent. Your favorites always make your day better – so make their day better by telling the world how much they rock your socks. For many of them, this is their life - their career.
- To help your not-so-favorite instructors get better. Unless you write a blog, or fill out gym comment cards, that instructor who just played Mozart for 55 minutes doesn’t have any idea why he’s losing clients. Please tell him.
- To help the community. Your feedback will affect how other gym-goers make choices. That’s pretty cool, if you ask us.
- Because next week, every review you write enters you into a sweepstakes to win a FITiST package!
When we go live next week, it will be first-come, first-served. The contest is limited to 400 people – so make sure you sign up before it gets capped!
The first 400 will get exclusive access to our beta site – and every review you write over the following 5 days will be an entry into our FITiST sweepstakes. The number of entries per person is unlimited – and we know that some of you crazies go to even more classes than we do (and we love you for it) - so we're pumped to hear what you have to say.
- One FITiST 10-pack
- Five FITiST 4-packs
FITiST packages give you access to classes at any of their affiliated studios. The studios on their list are largely studios that our bloggers are totally obsessed with:
Will my reviews be anonymous?
Always. RateYourBurn requires Facebook to login, but we also require you to create a username with no more than 2 consecutive letters in your real name (or your initials). We want to make sure you’re a real person, but we also want to make sure you are anonymous so you can review freely (and critically, when necessary).
Also, apologies in advance - you'll need to create a new username. The logins from the blog don't transfer over. Our bad.
Are there certain things I can’t write about?
Yes. To paraphrase our terms of service, you need to stay relevant and appropriate. Anything that could be construed as racist, derogatory, defamatory, or irrelevant (overly personal and not related to fitness) may be removed. We're not looking to become the Page Six of fitness.
What if I’m an instructor?
You’ll be able to take over your profile in a few weeks (we’re working on it). This will allow you to:
- Add photos of yourself
- Add a bio
- Upload your playlists
- Respond to reviews
- Keep your connections relevant (where you work, what you teach)
In the meantime, you can create a user account and review other instructors, but not yourself. You will be anonymous, like everyone else.
What if I’m a gym?
You too will soon be able to take over your profile. This will allow you to:
- Add photos of your facility
- Add gym information
- Respond to reviews
- Keep your connections relevant (which instructors work at your facility, which classes you offer)
***IF YOU WANT TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE GO LIVE***
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title : "Notify me!"
Peace, love, and tickets to the gun show,
The RateYourBurn team