Broccoli rabe...some people love it, some people hate it. We love it, in case you were wondering. It's got a bunch of important vitamins and other nutrients—like fiber, protein, and folate—and has incredible cancer-fighting properties. It's a great source of glucosinolates, which your body turns into cancer-fighting sulforophanes, compounds that are thought to be particularly effective against stomach, lung, and colon cancers. In other words, eat more broccoli rabe! It's good for you.
1. Chicken With Broccoli Rabe and Apricots (above). "What a great combination of healthy and tasty ingredients this was! We really enjoyed it..."
2. Shrimp Stuffed Broccoli Rabe With Hoisin BBQ Sauce. "My version has broccoli rabe, shrimp speckled with bits of lemon zest, cilantro, and scallions. I made a super flavorful, lightweight Hoisin BBQ sauce to go with it. Definitely a keeper."
3. Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Pasta. "You're going to love it. Why? Because it involves pasta. And sausage. And broccoli rabe. And, like, a lot of garlic and butter. Totally healthy, I promise."
4. Sauteed Broccoli Rabe With Garlic and Red Pepper. "Fresh, simple, and delicious!"
5. Roasted Butternut Squash and Broccoli Rabe. "This recipe is simple, easy, and delicious. The bitterness of the rabe is offset by the sweetness of the butternut squash. They both compliment each other so well."
6. Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwich With Broccoli Rabe and Provolone. "This sandwich is freakin' awesome."
7. Orecchiette With Broccoli Rabe Pesto. "What a deliciously different recipe, I am so glad I tried it. Forgot to pick up pistachios but had walnuts on hand and used those instead. If you love that slightly bitter taste of broccoli rabe, try this recipe."
8. Striped Bass With Saffron Vegetables and Spiced Broccoli Rabe. "Preparing the various elements of this dish was a little labor intensive...but the end result and the way the flavors worked together was definitely worth it."
9. Sauteed Broccoli Rabe With Garlic and Anchovies. "The best way to cook broccoli rabe is sauteed with garlic and anchovies!"
10. Broccoli Rabe With Sweet Italian Sausage. "No surprises here: The classic combination of bitter greens and sweet sausage is as warming and comforting as the Italian grandmothers who have been making it for generations."
You might also like:
Get more yummy healthy recipes.