Chia seeds are a serious superfood. They're loaded with fiber, protein, and are the highest natural source of omega-3s (move over, salmon). These recipes will help you see this awesome ingredient in a new light...a delicious light, that is. Ch-ch-ch-chia!
1. Chia Seed Pudding (above, from deliciouslyorganic.net). "This pudding has a mousse-like consistency and only takes a few minutes to mix together."
2. Chia Teff Salad With Lemon Scallion Dressing (thehealthyapple.com). Teff is "just a simple gluten-free grain." Too fancy? You can substitute it for rice or quinoa.
3. Protein Balls of Goodness (chaobella.com). "It's insane, because it doesn’t taste like some health food bland blah! It tastes REALLY GOOD!"
4. Fruit Salad With Chia Seeds (Andrefit.com). "I love to spread them on my morning fruit portion or any salad… So yum!"
5. Carrot Cake Oatmeal (KatherineMartinelli.com). "So nutritious, and you get your breakfast and dessert in one!"
6. Chia Real Meat Meatballs (myfoodstoragecookbook.com). "Due to their jelling properties when soaked, chia works as a substitute for eggs in all kinds of baking."
7. Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes (menubyvicky.com). "These pancakes come out so light, fluffy, and sweet, no one will know what they’re made of."
8. Strawberry Chia Pudding (lilsugar.com). "Whip up an all-natural strawberry chia pudding... It's quick, easy, and altogether yummy."
9. Strawberry Salad With Chia Seed Dressing (theorganiceater.wordpress.com). "The kind of salad that makes you wish you had girlfriends over who could enjoy it with you."
10. Banana Chia Pudding (uncooking101.com). "It’s sooo easy and a great idea when you can’t easily get fresh coconuts locally."
11. Creamy Chia Kale Chips (jennsadventures.com). "Two superfoods with amazing health benefits, why not combine and create superpowers?"
12. Kale Salad With Spelt Berries, Black Lentils, Turnips and Chia Chive Vinaigrette (healthygirlskitchen.blogspot.com). "This salad satisfies as a complete meal. It's got greens, whole grains, lentils, other vegetables, and healthy fats."
13. Chocolate Sweet Potato Chia Seed Pudding (fooddoodles.com). "The seeds will not blend completely smooth but I still enjoyed the texture."
14. Whipped Banana Oats With Chia Seeds (Katheats.com). "Yummm, you can’t beat a big old bowl of warm and comforting stovetop oats!"
And yes, chia seeds are the same seeds that make Chia Pets:
You might also like:
Get more yummy, healthy recipes.