There seem to be new protein bar options on the shelves every day, but do you ever wish that you could just choose what goes in your own snack? Welp, you can. How about next time you try to drown your sorrows by baking an entire rack of cookies (I'll give them away, I swear! LIAR) you use that unhealthy baking habit for good? Here are a list of 10 scrumptious and nutritious DIY protein bar recipes we found from across the web.
1. Protein Bars - No-Bake and Baked Versions (Above, from quicheaweek.wordpress.com). "This is a fun recipe because it’s super sticky and tasty and peanut buttery and sticky."
2. Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars (chocolatecoveredkatie.com). "They are packed with wholesome ingredients and serious peanut-butter flavor. "
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Bars Recipe (recipecorner.com).
4. Homemade Protein Bars (moneysavingmom.com). "1/10th of this recipe = approximately 260 calories and 11 to 13 grams of protein (depending upon how much protein powder you use.)"
5. Cashew Cookie Dough Bars a.k.a Homemade Larabars (ediblesoundbites.com). "They are awesome for healthy on-the-go snacking and can provide you with enough energy to get you through your workout ."
6. Peanut Butter Fudge Protein Bars (dessertswithbenefits.com). "They taste way too sweet to be sugar free, way too fudgy to be vegan, and way too peanut buttery to be considered a diet food."
7. Banana Bread Protein Bars (ohsheglows.com). "Food can bring us all together and make us pause to enjoy the simple pleasures in life."
8. Goji Cacao Energy Protein Bars (veganbodybuilding.com). "The original recipe for this bar only has 5 grams of protein per bar, however you can increase the protein content by adding protein powder. Add some water to the protein powder to make into a paste and add to the recipe."
9. Quinoa, Fruit, and Nut Protein Bars (almondsandavocados.com). "Don’t you just love when things turn out even better than you planned?"
10. Carob Covered Coconut Protein Bars/Energy Squares (naturalnoshing.wordpress.com). "Store these bars in the freezer (these tasted fantastic cold) but refrigerated works well too."
11. Pumpkin Cranberry Almond Protein Bars (damyhealth.com). "Today I’m adding one of my favourite protein bar recipes to the list. This is a full nutrition bar. It is simple, hearty, sweet and satisfying."
12. The Ultimate Hemp Protein Bar Recipe (robinskey.com). "This hemp protein bar recipe is my new favorite. I combined all of my favorite bar ideas: using lots of seeds in the recipe, using chia seeds to bind the fillings, favorite combinations and put it all together into what I think is my new masterpiece"
13. No-Bake Peanut Butter Power Bars (gluten-free) (balancedplatter.com). "So Larabars was it. I combined many of my all-time favorite ingredients (minus chocolate, we’ll save that for next time) and whipped it into a healthy, superfood packed energy bar that will give you the little boost you need to power through your morning or afternoon workout. Enjoy!"
14. Quinoa Protein Bars (gluten, dairy and nut-free) (glutenfreehope.blogspot.com). "It is a great nut-free, protein-packed, plant-based snack!"
You might also like:
Get more yummy, healthy recipes.