We admit: We are in love with watermelon. There is nothing more childhood-nostalgia-inducing or more pure-summer-love than these ridiculously pretty pink juice cubes. What we love most about watermelon is its ability to go with either savory or sweet dishes - in the summertime, it just makes everything better. Health-wise, the melon contains a ton of water, but that doesn't mean it's devoid of nutritional value - au contraire. Flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids make this fruit an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It also boasts lycopene, accounting for it's bright red pigment (also found in tomatoes). Enjoy!
1. Watermelon-Peach Salsa and Tomatoes (southernliving.com). "Reinvent the fruit cocktail with hot pepper jelly, watermelon, peaches, herbs, and tomatoes."
2. Watermelon Tomato And Feta Cheese Skewers (reciperebuild.com). "These skewers are delicious and low in fat, and look pretty when served arranged on top of the watermelon rind as shown."
3. Grilled Spicy Watermelon (blog.hgtv.com). "It seems strange, but a Thai-inspired sauce makes these slices a tasty and healthy accompaniment to your burgers, chicken or seafood."
4. Jicama and Watermelon Salad (foodnetwork.com).
5. Quinoa Watermelon Salad (thedevilwearsparsley.com). "This salad also has a ton of calories, but these calories are not empty like the delicious liquid counterpart. Instead they are packed full of nutrition and protein – and without meat!"
6. Watermelon Salad with Mint and Lime (thecurvycarrot.com). "This recipe stood out as something extremely simple, healthy, and…even a little exotic?"
7. Watermelon Ice Pops (eat-yourself-skinny.com). "So for now, hope you enjoy these delicious and utterly adorable ice pops and have fun kicking off the summer in style!"
8. Black Barley, Purslane and Watermelon Salad (healthygreenkitchen.com). "I like it’s hearty flavor and it’s interesting chewy texture (it really is quite chewy, which I like because it forces you take your time while you eat it)."
9. Tofu Feta, Watermelon and Basil Salad (kblog.lunchboxbunch.com). "Savory sweet, loaded with protein from the tofu - nice and salty from the white miso."
10. Watermelon Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Candied Walnuts (againstallgrain.com). "This is a simple salad to make, but the flavors and textures are complex and delicious."
11. Watermelon Frosty (kblog.lunchboxbunch.com). "Virgin or not, this easy recipe is a keeper!"
12. Watermelon Mango Salsa (sweetandsaucy.wordpress.com). "You get sweetness from the watermelon and the mango, tartness from the apple and the lime juice, and savory goodness from the onion, jalapeno, and garlic."
13. Pickled Watermelon (mangotomato.com). "It was a gorgeous pink color and just with the perfect balance of sweet and salty."
14. Watermelon, Feta and Basil Skewers (bounteous.wordpress.com). "The perfect light and refreshing appetizer for a summer party."
15.Watermelon Bacon Salad (tastykitchen.com).
16. Thai Crab and Watermelon Salad (cilantropist.blogspot.com). "Thai Crab and Watermelon Salad with gorgeous multi-colored melons, light and and healthy crab, fresh herbs, and a tangy dressing."
17. Watermelon Gazpacho with Quinoa Croutons (queenofquinoa.me). "Gazpacho hails from Spain and is a delicious tomato based soup, that is loaded with fresh veggies, and is super light and delicious."
18. Instant Watermelon Pops (myrecipes.com). "Serve these treats a variety of ways: Sprinkle with flavored salts and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with local honey and fresh lime juice, dust with red pepper, or add a splash of schnapps."
19. Fig, Feta and Watermelon Salad (hauthenticsuburbangourmet.blogspot.ca). "Quite a few of the recipe looked mouth watering, but one was quite appealing – Watermelon, Feta, Red Onion and Olive Salad."
20. Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho Soup (cookingstoned.tv). "Enjoy this gazpacho with an off-dry Viognier or any white with floral and honey-type notes."
21. Guacamole Watermelon Bites (paleoporn.net).
22. Watermelon Mint Smoothie (veggiestylewithdaphne.com). "Combining it with mint and peach resulted in a nice Summer drink. Cheers!"
23. Watermelon Towers with Balsamic Vinegar (womenshealthmag.com). "This juicy fruit may tickle more than your taste buds: It contains citrulline, an amino acid that's essential to increasing blood flow during arousal."
24. Watermelon Popsicles with Dark Chocolate (gotchocolate.com). "Not only are they deliciously sweet, they’re super healthy since they only contain watermelon, milk, honey and a dark chocolate drizzle. Best of all, they’re easy to make!"
25. Watermelon and Jalapeño Gazpacho (fitsugar.com). "Sweet, spicy, and refreshing, this cooling soup blends a healthy array of hydrating produce like cucumbers and watermelon with fresh herbs and the right hit of spice."
26. Watermelon & Passionfruit Smoothie (allpaleodiet.com). "Watermelon is not just enjoyed whole but when juiced into a smoothie with passionfruit it turns in to a little piece of heaven. Besides tasting great and being low in calories because watermelon is mostly water, it is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which a major antioxidant."
You might also like:
Get more yummy, healthy recipes.