Spaghetti squash: Definitely the weirdest squash. Unlike other "normal" squashes, crack this guy open and a stringly surprise awaits. Spaghetti squash is healthy and hearty, and makes a great gluten-free substitute to regular spaghetti; it can also add interesting texture to salads and casseroles. Though spaghetti squash is not what you would call a "powerhouse" of nutrients, it's certainly healthy and low-carb. It has high water content and boasts carotenoids (which give the squash its yellow color). Here are 21 creative and highly delicious spaghetti squash recipes from around the web!
1. Spaghetti Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Salad (find recipe at thehealthyfoodie.com). "So simple, yet bursting with flavor and crazy satisfying. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some turnips into your diet, too!"
2. Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Butter (find recipe at steamykitchen.com). "WOW! Just made this and it is SO GOOD!"
3. Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti Squash (find recipe at lauralovinglife.org). Spaghetti squash can make a great substitute in many traditional spaghetti recipes.
4. Lemon & Basil Spaghetti Squash Salad (find recipe at greenbasket.me). "This salad takes full advantage of the mildly sweet flavor of steamed or baked spaghetti squash."
5. Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash Boats with Grilled Chicken (find recipe at skinnytaste.com). This recipe takes advantage of the squash shell to serve a self-contained, personalized meal to your guests.
6. Microwave Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes & Basil (find recipe at steamykitchen.com). "Yum! Beautiful presentation and I love the little strands of squash, never tried cooking with spaghetti squash before."
7. Southwestern Chicken and Spaghetti Squash Salad (find recipe at eatliverun.com). "I love all the ingredients in the salad! Especially jicama. So crunchy good."
8. Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas (find recipe at fatfreevegan.com). Brussels sprouts and chick peas are a great pair to the stringy squash.
9. Spaghetti Squash Sesame Noodles with Edamame (find recipe at familyfreshcooking.com). Get creative and put an Asian twist on your squash recipe. Here, you're substituting the squash for rice noodles. Delish.
10. Vegan Moroccan-Spiced Spaghetti Squash (find recipe at eatdrinkbetter.com). Because of the neutral taste, you can add spaghetti squash to many ethnic dishes and achieve a delicious result.
11. Vegan Italian Spaghetti Squash Bake (find recipe at thehealthyfamilyandhome.com). "This is a really simple meal (or side dish) to make once you have your squash baked and after that’s done, it takes less than 10 minutes to get it in the oven."
12. Spaghetti Squash & Vegan Mushroom Cream Sauce (find recipe at dailygarnish.com). "The nutritional yeast brings in a tangy, cheesy flavor that reminds me of traditional alfredo sauce, mmmm."
13. Spaghetti Squash Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce (find recipe at familyfreshcooking.com). "This looks phenomenal! I just love peanut sauce, and what a way to make it healthier with the squash."
14. Spaghetti Squash “Pasta” with Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes (find recipe at feastie.com). "If you’ve never had spaghetti squash, it’s a fun dish to serve. Yes, it’s squash."
15. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Herbs (find recipe at beardandbonnet.com). "I have an extra spaghetti squash to use, I should make this! YUM. Got it tweeted and pinned!"
16. Red Quinoa with Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, Fresh Herbs and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (find recipe at tasty-yummies.com). "This meal is full of flavor and it quite hearty. Beyond the nutty crunch of the quinoa and the fall flavor from the squash, I love the taste and aroma from the fresh herbs."
17. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms (find recipe at blissfulbblog.com). "Spaghetti squash makes a wonderful substitute for your favorite pasta."
18. Super Healthy Spaghetti Squash (find recipe at sippitysup.com). "Spaghetti squash, with its natural tendency to form itself into long strands after cooking, is pretty darn cute! But it’s also delicious and healthy as heck."
19. Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp Pasta (find recipe at abeautifuldayblog.wordpress.com). "Season with herbs was playing it safe but the most righteous thing to do."
20. Spaghetti Squash with Lettuce (find recipe at sixtyone45.com). "Satisfying. It’s got to be a pretty dense salad for it to be satisfying."
21. Eggs Baked in Herbed Spaghetti Squash Nests (find recipe at lemonythyme.com). "Season spaghetti squash with butter, fresh minced herbs, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese."
You might also like:
Get more yummy, healthy recipes.