Did you know that "bruschetta" is pronounced "broo-skett-a"? By Italians. "Broo-shett-a" is an American mispronunciation of the word. Furthermore, did you know that bruschetta doesn't actually mean anything? Of course, we think of the standard chopped tomatoes, mozz, and basil when we hear the word (pomodoro, FYI) ... but bruschetta can be made with literally any ingredient. So we thought, "well, it's bruschetta because it lives on top of a piece of toast." But then we saw eggplant bruschetta, and now we have given up all hope that the word has any meaning at all. STOP THE MADNESS. Anyway, enjoy these delicious recipes!
1. Strawberry Bruschetta (find recipe at annies-eats.com). "With so much going on, quick and easy foods are just what we need. This strawberry bruschetta with goat cheese was a perfect quick summer lunch for us."
2. Pumpkin-Shrimp Bruschetta (find recipe at bhg.com). Pumpkin puree and shrimp? On a toast? Count us in.
3. Grilled Corn and Pickled Shallot Bruschetta (find recipe at mydailymorsel.com). "There’s something special about this Grilled Corn and Pickled Shallot Bruschetta. It’s something about how the sweet corn pairs up against the tartness of the tender, pickled shallots."
4. Italian Sandwich Bruschetta (find recipe at oprah.com). "Take the popular combination of melon and prosciutto and turn it into a mini open-faced sandwich."
5. Red Wine Roasted Mushrooms On Goat Cheese Garlic Toasts (find recipe at howsweeteats.com). "There is something about really crusty, toasted, buttery bread and soft, juicy mushrooms."
6. Polenta Bruschetta with Shrimp and Spinach Pesto (find recipe at tablespoon.com). "This polenta bruschetta snack is so perfect for a girlie happy hour, or if your big sister is visiting, or as a romantic starter to a date night, or even if you've been gardening all afternoon and you smell like mulch and haven't washed your hair in a month. It's cool. It's totally for everyone."
7. Tomato Bruschetta (find recipe at blog.williams-sonoma.com). "This recipe calls for fresh tomatoes and basil, but you can also use a mixture you’ve canned yourself to enjoy a summery dish any time of year."
8. Bruschetta with Smoked Salmon, Asparagus and Poached Eggs (find recipe at eileen-cuisine.com). This blogger was just like "screw it, I'm going to pile seafood and eggs benedict on top of this tiny little toast and call it a bruschetta. They'll never notice!" ...and this blogger was right. How good does this look?
9. Grilled Radicchio & Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta (find recipe at 84thand3rd.com). "A crisp sip of Pino Grigio, and then another just for good measure. A drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt. A slice of just-charred bread piled high with earthy autumn flavours."
10. Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction (find recipe at blog.naturebox.com). "This bruschetta recipe brightens up the smooth texture of ripe avocado with the juicy tartness of grape tomatoes."
11. Wild Mushroom and Fromage Fort Crostini (find recipe at thejewelsofny.com). "It’s delicious as an appetizer or paired with a green salad as a simple dinner."
12. Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta (find recipe at marthastewart.com). Martha, seriously, what a mess you made.
13. Lobster and Corn Bruschetta (find recipe at sheridanroadmagazine.com). "A great appetizer on a warm summer evening, the ingredients in the lobster and corn bruschetta marry perfectly and pack a flavorful punch."
14. Rapini and Ricotta Bruschetta (find recipe at heatherhomemade.com). "This is a simple and satisfying appetizer; Kalamata olives would also be a delicious topper to go along with the rapini."
15. Broad Bean Bruschettas with Goat’s Ricotta and Spring Onion (find recipe at foodblogandthedog.wordpress.com). "This may sound like a faff too far but it is hardly taxing and it really makes all the difference to the freshness of the dish. Look at the colour of them, aren’t they pretty?"
16. Kale and Green Garlic Bruschetta (find recipe at ourseasonaltable.com). This blogger was just like, "I'm going to stack my bruschettas on top of one another so no one will steal them from me." #greedyblogger
17. Peach, Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Bruschetta (find recipe at asweetandsavorylife.com). "All you need do is caramelize your onions. That’s right, cook them slowly over medium heat until all that bad-ass sharpness of theirs just melts away."
18. Onion, Garlic & Brie Bruschetta (find recipe at tasteofhome.com). "This rich, sweet appetizer is party-perfect. The roasted garlic flavor is a real treat."
19. Wild Mushroom Bruschetta with Sweet Onion Soubise (find recipe at leafygreensandme.com). "Serving this bruschetta is great because the sweet onion soubise and the balsamic glaze can be made up to three days in advance."
You might also like:
Get more yummy, healthy recipes.