The crock pot, or slow cooker, is a hot commodity these days (literally, it's a commodity and it's hot). Recently we've been thinking about new and creative ways to use this time-saving tool. Now that late fall/winter is upon us, here's a use you may not have considered: Hot drinks! The crock pot can be used to make a variety of hot drinks, from teas to mulled wines to hot chocolate. Enjoy this list of clever recipes from around the web.
1. Crock Pot Chai Tea Latte (find recipe at wellnessmama.com). "This simple and delicious crock-pot drink recipe is great for cold winter days or an easy drink during parties."
2. Mulled Apple Cider (find recipe at foodiemisadventures.com). "So before cider is nowhere to be found on the shelves of your store, snatch some up and get this puppy cooking in your crock pot!"
3. Chamomile and Lemon Tea (find recipe at crockpotrecipeexchange.com). Tea in a crock pot? Easy peasy.
4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes (find recipe at 20somethingcupcakes.com). "You won’t be disappointed. It’s delicious, it’s economical, and it’s healthier..."
5. Slow Cooker Cranberry Punch (find recipe at allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com). "Slow Cooker Cranberry Punch is one of the best slow cooker recipes you can make when entertaining. Made with cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar, it's a great drink for the fall or winter holidays."
6. Berry-Lemonade Tea (find recipe at myrecipes.com). "Here's a refreshingly fruity mix of tea and lemonade that is delicious hot or cold--depending on the season. You can even spike it!"
7. Crockpot Hot Chocolate (find recipe at smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com). "If you have never made hot chocolate in a crockpot you must!"
8. Slow Cooker Mulled Wine (find recipe at icancookthat.org). "This is a great drink for guests on a cold night because you can just throw the ingredients into the slow cooker, keep it on warm after 3 hours, and ladle out as needed."
9. Hot Mulled Apple Cider (find recipe at cookingwithmykid.com). "Pssst! It tastes pretty great with a splash of rum too!"
10. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate (find recipe at kitchentreaty.com). "Rich, sweet, and full of pumpkin deliciousness, this special white hot chocolate drink brews up to perfection right in your Crock Pot."
You might also like: